Saturday 4 May 2013

Renovation Project - the Tour De Brittany comes to Huelgoat


Renovation Project - the Tour De Brittany comes to Huelgoat

It is so good to wake up in our own house again, and the sun is shining the world is a wonderful place. We get a message from friends we have met whilst being here, they are due to move out permanently in July. One half is here at the moment doing the dirty work, I so wish I had though of this when we first started this project , just send John out to do the really dirty stuff and then Join him. But they said that the removal companies have been sorted and arranged and the moving date is getting closer, her husband has done a lot of cleaning, I hate to tell them that this may continue FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

Today is going to be busy, as we want to really get going and I am desperate to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still have a report to write from the UK so I plan to complete this today, but I instead make a start on the cleaning  (as I said the cleaning never ends!) john gives the first floor bedroom and ensuite a coat of paint and this does make the room look different again.



When I go to grab some bread for lunch I see vans in the town square and realise that there is a cycle race on today, it feels like a carnival. It turns out not to be a cycle race but one of the time trials for the Tour de Brittany. We go into the town centre in the afternoon to watch, it is wonderful, sat on a pavement cafe having a beer watching the cyclists come in. We stay to watch the winner get his yellow shirt, but this does not happen there are approx 6 people who get awards and there is a spotted T shirt, a Blue T shirt, a green T shirt and a grey T shirt so goodness knows what they all mean. But it was nice to get out and see something in the town.

tour de brittany time trials 2013

tour de brittany time trials 2013

Back at the House we receive our copy of the telephone directory and I am unbelievably excited because we are in it, I know I sound sad but WOW we are in the telephone book we are officially French!!!!!! 

If you enjoyed this page please click on the follow us button

No comments:

Post a Comment