Tuesday 19 February 2013

A family day out in Brittany 12/02/13


A family day out in Brittany 12/02/13

We have a lazy morning, after all our guest are not coming till the afternoon, and as we are sat having a cup of tea, planning on starting the big clear up there is a knock on the door, Bugger, bugger, bugger. There’re here, I’m so pleased to see them but gutted that the house is a mess (yes I know it’s a building site but it can look semi presentable at times).

I don’t let anyone have a look round until I have a tidy up, which I realise is a bit cruel as after a long journey they all want to use the toilet, I suggest the outside toilet, but this is probably a bit mean.

So I relent and give the guided tour. Whilst they have a wander around the forest we have a mad clean up, and the house is ready for their return.

My brother and sister in law have not seen it since their last visit and we have given them the loft bedroom as this is big enough for my nieces blow up bed.

They can’t believe how different the house is, and it is really nice to see it from somebody else’s eyes, as when you are living in it, you never really realise just how much you have done and how far you have got.All you see is the building site.

But one of the most exciting parts of the visit is the curtain rings and curtain hooks they have brought me, we now have proper hanging curtains, I’m almost as excited as when we got the bath (a year ago it would’ve taken a lot more than a pack of curtain rings to get me this excited, but hey, priorities are different now).

We have a lovely four days and even take a full day off for sightseeing; we visit Chateaulin (and get a photo’s of me and John together!!!!)

Chateaulin, Brittany, France


Chateaulin, Brittany, France

this was the most random place to see a red telephone box!!!!! if anybody knows the story behind the red telephone box, I would love to hear it

Locronan, which is the most amazing town, the buildings are so old and they all have trees grafted into them, we will definitely be visiting again in the summer to see them in full bloom.

Locronan, Brittany, France

And Douarnenez, where we go for a long walk along the beach

Douarnenez, Brittany, France

Douarnenez, Brittany, France

Douarnenez, Brittany, France

Douarnenez, Brittany, France

Douarnenez, Brittany, France

Douarnenez, Brittany, France

Douarnenez, Brittany, France

With a final stop over in Quimper.

Quimper, Brittany, France

Quimper, Brittany, France

And the sun shone all day!

If you are ever to visit this part of Brittany, I would definitely recommend a visit to each of these towns, my words do not do them justice and my photography skills are rubbish, so if you like the photo’s you will really love the actual places.

My niece also makes us pancakes for shrove Tuesday, which were very nice and only one ended up on the floor from the tossing, which is good going, what we didn’t realise is, if you do not clean every bit of batter from the work top, it turns into cement the following morning! Maybe useful for when we come to fill up more holes in the walls.

The four days go so quickly, I can’t believe it is time for them to leave, I love having them visit and it was especially nice to see my niece, even if she is the fussiest eater alive (but I still love you so much). The house seems very empty and quiet when they have driven off.

We spend the rest of the day shopping as we need to get supplies to replace the walls on the first floor, these will all be coming down in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We need connections with others and it so wonderful when we can renew them.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, yes it is, and thanks for the compliment on the photo's, not my strong point :)

    ReplyDelete